Wednesday, June 06, 2018

Chisholm Mill

Andy | Wednesday, June 06, 2018 | Best Blogger Tips
In 1857, William Fraser Chisholm bought the mill site property on the banks of the Moira River. At that time, it consisted of a flour/feed mill and a sawmill. Since then, six generations of the Chisholm family have been involved in the lumber business in Roslin, Ontario.
___

The old mill (a rebuild after a 1944 fire) is unused and still remains in the Chisholm family to present day. It has turned in to favourite destination for painters and photographers.
___

A large sign on the side of the building gives warning to adventurous daredevils.

19 comments:

  1. Indeed a great object to photograph. Pity it isn't in working order anymore. Looks like it can start again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like very much the choice of framing and the movements of the water. The other offer beautiful textures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing these photos! I've always loved these dam old mills. But what really got to me is that according to my DNA I'm related to a large number of people named Chisholm! I never knew that. I wonder if these Chisholms are some of my Chisholms? Super photos, Andy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great place for photos, I like that old mill building.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That old mill certainly is photogenic. Love the way the old signs have been used to side the building. Might think some people would see the warning sign as a challenge. BTW, thanks for your comment on my blog today. It gave me a needed smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why this would be attractive to photographers and painters. It has that a very nice, rustic beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why it is an attraction to photographers, I like it a lot

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely a photographer's delight, Andy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's awesome! A great old mill. Love the rust.

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice photo series! and i like all the informative bits too :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful shots. What eye candy! It's too bad the family has ceased working here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is rather nice, and can imagine a painting being done of the building - even wedding photos, magazine photos and so on..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Muy buenas escenas estas que nos muestras, amigo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a place I would love to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to walk around with my camera, great photos

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive