Thursday, August 16, 2018

Gannet

Andy | Thursday, August 16, 2018 | Best Blogger Tips
Gannets are such beautiful birds. Take a close look close look at his blue eyes. 3.5 km off shore on Bonaventure Island, there is a Gannet colony with a population of about 116,000. It is unusual to see them sitting on the mainland like this and allowing people to approach. He is either injured or sick.
___

This lady showed up and sat down and began talking with him. Maybe she is using some magic. I don't know what his final fate was but I don't believe it was good.

13 comments:

  1. ...a Gannet is new to me, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe a rescue service came for him. Let's hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful bird. Sad to see it in distress. We can only hope it recovered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. les aléas de la nature.
    mauvaise posture des rémiges droites ... :-\

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, that poor little guy. You are so right, these are beautiful birds. The blue eyes are very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful bird and photo, I never heard of these birds. I do hope it feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never seen before this beautiful bird. It's very sad if the bird is injured.
    I hope that eventually this bird would get better.
    Andy, your photographs are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Toda una belleza de imagen, amigo... Espectacular

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like both pictures very much...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Doesn't look good for the bird and I am not sure if a helping hand just does the opposite. But nice photographed Andy.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive