Friday, October 07, 2016

Chéticamp Lighthouse

Andy | Friday, October 07, 2016 | Best Blogger Tips
Located on an island in Chéticamp, Nova Scotia. Crossing on the causeway one can drive out to  Enragee Point. Surrounded by chain link fence and in the off season when I was there the gate is locked with a chain and pad lock.
__

Lucky for me the gate had enough play in it to poke my camera through to get this shot. The original tower was constructed in 1937. This concrete tower replaced it at some time between 1955 and 1962 and the light was automated in 1988. I promise that this will be my last posting of a lighthouse for 2016.

6 comments:

  1. I can see you poking your camers through that gate. We bloggers stop at nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you speak about functional architecture the lighthouse is one of the highlights of it. (Funny expression here). And I can't get enough of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always thought that chain-link fences were ugly things that blocked a good shot, but that not always true. What no more lighthouses?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's distinctive and practical. I've photographed through chain link fences. Just a matter of paying attention to the screen, and the shot ends up looking like the gate was wide open.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always like seeing your lighthouse pics, Andy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No more lighthouses?! I for one am happy to see them...and glad you could poke through the fence for this one.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive