Saturday, September 14, 2013

Tape Measure

Andy | Saturday, September 14, 2013 | Best Blogger Tips

At one time this used to Toronto's garment district and it's a tribute to the workers (mostly women) that laboured in the factories. The tape measure running along the sidewalk originally painted by artist Stephen Cruise simply as an outline of the sowing ruler. The paint job is the unsanctioned work of the Toronto sidewalk artist, who signs his paintings “VicTor.”s, within the last few years, painted it yellow, and filled in the numbers without Cruise’s blessing or approval.

9 comments:

  1. Yes it is, I'm wondering what it's for. Is it outside a tailors shop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have updated the description under the photo. I hope this gives you a better explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very clever way to mark this district and pay tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's very interesting that this is a multi-layered art piece. I wonder if the measurements are to any kind of scale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny, I noticed the people and all the other city life components before I noticed the tape measure. I take pictures of my kids as they are walking away from me. Something about these kind of shots that appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an odd tale. But, a sewing ruler fits the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some people just cannot leave other peoples' "canvases" alone and untouched.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is real appealing sidewalk and thanks Andy for the explanation of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So your time spent for counting is saved and at the same time you can increase your sales margin. Digital counting scales are available and it provides the highest level of counting accuracy. yük hücresi

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive