Thursday, June 26, 2014

A Earlier Time In My Life

Andy | Thursday, June 26, 2014 | Best Blogger Tips

This building is a blast from the past for me. Back in the 1960's it was the original Thrifty's. Their speciality was equestrian horse riding clothing. I was attracted to the store by their line of jeans, black leather jackets and motorcycle boots. Later they expanded operations into malls across Canada dropping the horse riding clothing in favour of jeans and casual wear. After various buy outs you can now recognize them as Bluenotes. The area is pretty much the same. To left the pawn shop is still there and the Streetcars still operate on Queen Street.

21 comments:

  1. Love the timber cladding and the colour; now just another fast/junk food spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The building is very nice with the wood and yellow colour, sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't often see equestrian and motorcycle gear in the same shop. The circular room is very interesting. Lots of visual interest with the trolley tracks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a very interesting and unique building.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a charming looking corner store! Love the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have shopped at Bluenotes, but had no idea of its history!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A neat old building! We always shopped at Thrifty's (for jeans).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how the architecture of cities reflects the past for so many. I can identify a number of my native Montreal buildings as their previous incarnations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the color - it really stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you ever drive the Queen St car, Andy? Love the shot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen the building before, but it's been awhile. I think it could use a fresh paintjob on the siding.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting history, Andy. Bluenotes, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Among the Chinese, my husband's dialect group operate the pawn shops.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely building!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do you still have the jeans and leather jacket?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive