Sunday, June 03, 2012

Sunday Bridges - Little Rouge River Bridge

Andy | Sunday, June 03, 2012 | Best Blogger Tips

Located on a quiet winding roadway, it's a short but very scenic road that winds through Rouge Park in eastern Toronto.

*******************************************


This bridge is a small, but well-preserved example of a concrete bowstring through arch, sometimes called a rainbow arch type of bridge. This structure type may have once been common, and although a number of examples survive scattered throughout the province, this structure type should be considered rare today. I looked for a construction date but saw none.
I'm linking to San Francisco Bay Sunday Bridges.

6 comments:

  1. I like the look of this bridge. It's too bad the style is becoming rare.
    Not only is it a nice little bridge, it also seems to be in a beautiful area.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. this reminds me of a spot where I took a pic of a bridge in Kauai!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really a cool bridge. It looks like a modern adaptation of some of the vintage bridges in Europe. The boulder in the second shot reminds me of our Rockbridge County. We have lots like this one in our creeks and fields. Nice post. Thanks for your visits and comments. You would like Beartown. It is out of this world. genie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I've crossed this bridge before. It looks nice and sturdy. And the rainbow makes it cute!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive